Miyerkules, Setyembre 4, 2013

Bra_ns: the “I” and the “W”


Let us call the academic excellence students but not sporty BRAINS and the sporty students but not academic excellence BRAWNS. 

Of course, each is different from one another but let’s have first what are common of them. Both are good in their said aspects. Both can perform in extracurricular activities or contests. Also, both of them have the right attitude towards what they are good into, academics to Brains and sports to Brawns. To Brains, they study, review, take down notes and anything they need to do to be the best in academics; while to Brawns, they train, run, exercise and anything they need to do to be fit and to be the best in their sports.

Now, let’s have their differences. Obviously, Brains are not that into sports because they don’t have talent for that. Maybe, they can help or think for the strategy for the sports but they need others like Brawns to do it. But look at it, Brains can contribute or still do sports by thinking of strategies, but can Brawns do academics? Maybe in Physical Education they can, but how about Math and Science? Can they still survive in Academics? Maybe that’s the common and, I think, the only difference of each from one another. Can you think of other differences?

Well, honestly I consider myself half-Brain and half-Brawn but something passed my mind. If I get to choose what I am from birth, either Brain or Brawn, which will I choose? Well, honestly I choose being a Brain. It’s because it’s difficult to cope up in lessons in school than to our physical activities. Lessons in school need more effort than our physical activities. So when if I’m a Brain, I will not be making so much effort in my academics and if I have the time, I can manage myself and schedule my consistent exercise to be fit, healthy and ready for sports. But, anyway, it’s still better if you’re half-Brain half-Brawn. ;)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento