Linggo, Pebrero 16, 2014

English ‘Learning’ Time

Every afternoon at 4:00 to 5:00, our last subject of the day is English. Sometimes, it’s not an ordinary class of boring lessons. It’s sometimes like a teacher-student bonding time. Ma’am May is not like a boring, scary, awkward teacher, she’s like a mother and a friend for us. That’s why English time is fun time for us. So, I would like to share some experiences of mine in this subject.
During our First Grading, our class was divided to groups which each group will perform a part of Romeo and Juliet. Each group was assigned to different settings and should modify their script. I got the role of Romeo in our group which was assigned with the Jail Setting. Well, I enjoyed it. We practiced on the smaller gate of the canteen right in front of the clinic. We practiced there even there are students passing by. It was fun and challenging at the same time. And on the day of the performance, it was a success. We were proud of ourselves doing that and it’s an achievement for me.
I almost forgot. Before that, we had a discussion about Romeo and Juliet with the guide questions. Of course, it’s about the love of those two, and there we mentioned that Romeo can’t find another girl to love to because he’s always comparing them to Rosaline. Ma’am teased me about my ex because she wasn’t around that time because she got chicken pox. Ma’am asked me teasingly if I was comparing my ex to the other girls I see. Well, we’re close and she’s like a friend to me.
Ma’am didn’t just teach us how to learn from her but also how to learn from ourselves. She gave us Jazz Chant piece, Oration piece, Speech Choir piece, Poem Recitation piece, etc. She made us work with ourselves to accomplish something. That’s the best thing I like in this subject. Especially our last performance, our Speech Choir: The Bells. We crammed that morning of the day of our performance. Just minutes away, we will be performing in front of her. We haven’t finalized it but we didn’t turn back, we continued it, and we did our best. We performed the best we could and we are proud of it. She taught us indirectly to do the best we can, so we’ll be proud of ourselves.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento